Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What's in the box - Sony Action Cam HDR-AS30V

An upgrade from its precedent AS15V, the AS30V boasts a lighter and smaller housing coupled with better still image quality plus in-built GPS and Near Field Communication. 


As if my Sony staff discount wasn't attractive enough, I was still considering between Hero GoPro and this, however the in-built stabiliser gave it an edge over GoPro. I also did some intensive research over YouTube on its video quality and am satisfied with the AS30V's low light performance.


The AS30V not only has the ability to take still images, movie, but also time stop still images, and slow-mo movie. The NFC also gives data transfer a boost as all you need is to touch the Action Cam with your smartphone to connect and then transfer via Wi-Fi.


The PlayMemories software leverages on the overall experience in post-production through the ability to map, merge, rotate video, as well as to impose a GPS data overlay. Imagine now I can see where I rode, and how fast, not only by video evidence but with statistics.


The AS30V's RRP is at SGD449, but from now till 1st Jan 2014, Sony Centre is absorbing the 7% GST. If you are also keen on getting a Live View Remote, which I didn't, you can get the entire package at SGD549.



What came in the box was the AS30V Action Cam in its waterproof housing, one battery, one curved mount, one flat surface mount, and cable.



As part of Sony's promotion, a 16GB memory card as well as extra battery pack was given.





Pretty satisfied with this purchase and am raring to give it a go soon! 
Here's how the AS30V looks like on a curved surface mount, on my riding helmet.




Now I'm glad to announce that I will probably be able to capture video while on Viet's motobike taxi without the fear of losing my device. 


But... Amidst the excitement of purchase, I actually forgot to get the Action Cam accessory that I had intended to buy! I wanted to get a chest or head band mount! Ah well, till the next trip to Sony Centre.

1 comment:

  1. As if my Sony staff discount wasn't attractive enough, I was still considering between Hero GoPro and this, however the in-built stabiliser gave it ... asonycam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete